Victorian Government Business Support Fund
The Victorian Government has recently announced further financial support for small businesses operating in Victoria that employ staff.
Funding of $10,000 per business is available and will be allocated through a grant process.
Applications open on Monday 30 March 2020 and close on Monday 1 June 2020.
Eligibility - the business needs to:
• employ staff
• have been subject to closure or are highly impacted by Victoria’s shutdown restrictions announced to date
• have a turnover of more than $75,000
• have payroll of less than $650,000
• hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and held that ABN at 16 March 2020
• have been engaged in carrying out the operation of the business in Victoria on 16 March 2020.
What the grant funding could be used for:
• meeting business costs, including utilities, salaries, rent
• seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
• developing the business through marketing and communications activities
• other supporting activities related to the operation of the business
How to Apply:
An online application can be completed through https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/business-support-fund.
Applicants are required to provide a copy of their most recent Business Activity Statement (BAS). Other supporting materials can also be provided.
*Businesses who do not employ staff can seek support through the Commonwealth Government’s Job Seeker program.